Description: A group of twelve large leaf-shaped or triangular flint arrowheads mounted in a glass-fronted wooden frame. Some arrowheads with inoffensive chips but overall condition good. A long oblique scratch on the glass extending to the frame, old provenance labels on the reverse. The arrowheads collected from Findhorn Sands, Forres, Moray, Scotland, in 1895.
Size: The arrowheads 24 mm/0.9 ins. to 37 mm/1.4 ins. in length, and the frame measuring 244 x 167 mm/9.6 x 6.6 ins.
Date: 3rd - 4th Millennium B.C.
Provenance: From the collection of the Rev. John McEwen (also spelt McEwan) (1851-1918) of Dyke Manse, Forres.
Background: The Rev. John McEwen was a renown collector and one-time Curator of the Falconer Museum in Forres. He was elected a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland in 1892.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A UK export license will be needed to export this item outside of the United Kingdom.